Monday, April 23, 2012

Being Here...

Looking out the apartment window this evening, something started to sink it; the enormity of what we've accomplished.  It was just a hint, mind you.


Passy Metro

When I was 28 years old and recently started a new job in aerospace, I took my very first vacation.  American Airlines brought me to a place I'd only read about.  Hemingway and Sartre had much to say about this city.  Their books lead me to believe that this was the most incredible place on earth.  During my first two week trip to this place of magic I started to discover a Paris of my own.

Many years later, I wondered if it might be possible to live there.  I'm not sure I ever fully believed it was possible.

Now that we're here, it's still hard for me to believe it was possible.  Strange how the mind works, isn't it?



Eiffel Morning

Yet, tonight, I as the sun sets and casts a warm glow on la tour Eiffel and as the birds chase one another around the sky and as we've just finished a simple but marvelous meal, I'm faced with having to believe that our seemingly impossible dreams has come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment