Sunday, April 29, 2012

Anterieur Futur...

My wife and I visited the "galerie du jour agnes b."  to see the show called "Anterieur Futur ~ retrofuturisme/steampunk/archeomodernisme".

If you follow my photographic adventures, you already know that some of my Steampunk work has been published internationally.

So it was with great interest that we went to visit the agnes b.




Galerie du jour agnes b.

One of the two finest Steampunk mask makers had four of his incredible creations on display.  There were movies and posters and animated creatures too.


 
 
Some of my favorite works of art were the several models artists made.  One was of the Jules Verne submarine (from the commonly available drawings that may have originated or were used by Disney in their 20 thousand leagues under the sea movie).  The other model that impressed me was a rather interesting torpedo shaped blimp.  Both were incredibly detailed and were a delight to see.
 
After spending time in the gallery, my wife and I spied an artisan beer shop across the street.  Of course we had to pay them a visit too.

In any event, I am hopeful that we'll be able to connect with Paris' creative arts communities so I can make a few more images before they plant me in the earth for the longest rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment